India Covid relief

Your gift is needed to bring COVID-19 relief

View in your browser.

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Donate

India Covid Relief

“O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me”
(Psalm 30:2).

Dear friends,

Over the past two months, a surge of COVID-19 cases has ravaged India. The country has officially recorded over 20 million cases and 220,000 deaths. On April 30, India reported over 400,000 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily count in any country during the pandemic. Thousands of deaths are documented each day, yet the actual number is suspected to be much higher. I’m writing to you today because, to respond, we need your help.

Padhar Hospital, a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Madhya Pradesh, has a ward dedicated to COVID-19 patients. Unfortunately, the hospital is currently being forced to turn away patients because it lacks the space and oxygen to support them.

Lutheran Disaster Response is helping Padhar Hospital purchase an oxygen generator for its COVID-19 ward so it can treat more patients and not have to turn away people suffering with COVID-19.

give now

Last year, Lutheran Disaster Response supplied Padhar Hospital with the funds to purchase a ventilator and monitoring equipment. But as another wave of COVID-19 sweeps through India, the needs are increasing. The work of Padhar Hospital is just one example of how our companions and faith-based partners continue to bring relief to communities during the pandemic. For the past year, Lutheran Disaster Response has continuously supported companion churches and partners throughout India as they raise awareness about COVID-19, provide personal protective equipment and distribute sanitation supplies to vulnerable communities. Your contributions to Lutheran Disaster Response will support its crucial work.

Please give today. Your gifts ensure that our church will be able to provide help and hope for those impacted by the COVID-19 crisis in India. Gifts designated for “Asia-Pacific Disaster Response” will be used entirely (100%) to respond to COVID-19 and other disasters in the region.  

Together, we can help provide immediate support for people impacted by COVID-19 throughout India and the Asia-Pacific region. Please join me in prayer and partnership, and stay connected on Facebook for updates about this and other disasters.

give now

In Christ’s service, 

Daniel Rift

The Rev. Daniel Rift
Director, ELCA World Hunger and Lutheran Disaster Response Funding
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
You have received this email as a member, supporter or leader of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. To ensure that you continue to receive these emails, please add disaster@elca.org to your address book or safe list.

© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101 
800-638-3522
Subscribe | Privacy | Unsubscribe | Terms of Use
Company Match | Donate