Thrive 2022

Click below to read Thrive!

View in your browser.

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Donate

TX storms

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Dear friend,

Throughout the year, I write to you about disasters that strike globally, including here in the United States. You faithfully respond with abundant prayers and gifts — for that, I am so grateful. This year, in addition to responding to increasingly frequent and intense natural disasters, we witnessed Russia wage war against Ukraine. And you were constant in your generosity for both the crisis in Eastern Europe and other humanitarian responses.

I'm excited to share this year's "Thrive: Your Impact on Lutheran Disaster Response" so you can see the difference you've made — and continue to make — in the lives of people affected by disasters, both natural and manmade. In "Thrive," you'll read stories from around the world and from the United States about the faith and resilience of survivors. Your gifts provide ongoing support throughout the journey of recovery, upholding the dignity of people impacted by disasters.

READ THRIVE
Notably, you will read about some of our ongoing responses, including our support for people and communities impacted by the devastating 2017 hurricane season. Not only do your gifts provide immediate relief, but they allow us to accompany survivors for years after a disaster. Please consider renewing your support for Lutheran Disaster Response to keep this important work going.

Thank you for your partnership in showing God's love to our neighbors in need.

In Christ's service,

Daniel Rift
The Rev. Daniel Rift
Director, ELCA World Hunger and Lutheran Disaster Response Fund
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

You have received this email as a member, supporter or leader of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. To ensure that you continue to receive these emails, please add disaster@elca.org to your address book or safe list.

© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101 
800-638-3522
Subscribe | Privacy | Unsubscribe | Terms of Use
Company Match | Donate