Latest news and stories from Global Mission.

View this email in your browser. | Download a pdf version of Global Links.

OCTOBER 2019

“I am proud, and I thank God that he gave me this wonderful gift that I can impact people. I feel like college is a good way to start my life of impacting other people.”
—Angeline Neo, International Women Leaders scholar from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Angeline Neo has found a home away from home at Wartburg College, where she’s studying art and graphic design under an International Women Leaders scholarship. There, she’s formed friendships and designed the logo for Wartburg’s “You Belong” diversity and inclusion initiative. “I want to walk away from Wartburg and leave my mark,” Angeline said in a profile on the Wartburg website. Learn more about Angeline! Read her profile here.

You can support women leaders such as Angeline. Give a gift to International Women Leaders today.

Give Now

YAGM applications open tomorrow!
Interested in applying for a year of service with Young Adults in Global Mission? Applications open early this year. The application window will open Nov. 1, 2019, and close Feb. 15, 2020, with priority given to those who apply by Jan. 15. Spread the word to young adults you know! Learn more at ELCA.org/YAGM.

Breaking Down Walls seminar in Germany
Participants from around the world gathered at the Breaking Down Walls seminar in Germany this month. The ELCA hosted the weeklong seminar in honor of the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Lutheran roots of that revolution. View pictures here.

This important anniversary is coming up Nov. 9, 2019! You can host a service of commemoration in your community. Download the Breaking Down Walls toolkit here.

Lutheran World Federation Asia Church Leadership Conference
Earlier this month, the Asia Church Leadership Conference convened in Indonesia under the theme “Pursuing Peace Through Interfaith Relations in Asia.” As the Rev. Martin Junge, LWF general secretary, said, “The task of peace-making begins within ourselves, within our own churches, seeking to live in peace with each other.” Read more here.

Global Mission social media names and links have been updated
Our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram names and links have changed! You can now find us under the name “ELCA Global Mission” at Facebook.com/ELCAGlobalMission, Instagram.com/ELCAGlobalMission and Twitter.com/ELCAGM. As we bring a close to Always Being Made New: The Campaign for the ELCA, we’re transitioning to new ways of lifting up the ministries of our global companions. We will continue to support the same critical ministries and uplift stories of global engagement and the work of our companions under the name: “Global Mission.”

Sensing a call to global service?
The ELCA has multiple positions open around the world! Current openings include YAGM country coordinators, English-language educators, seminary professors, medical professionals and more. Explore and apply here.

International Women Leaders Endowment Fund
An endowment fund was recently launched to ensure the sustainability of our new and important ministry: International Women Leaders. We are excited about this new opportunity to invest in women’s education alongside our global companions. To donate to the fund, visit the Global Mission donation page and select “International Women Leaders Endowment Fund” from the drop-down menu.

Spread the word
Know someone interested in receiving these "Global Links" updates? Share this subscription link with family and friends or post it on your congregation’s website. Download the latest edition of "Global Links" here. Help share the story of our global church!

Give today!
Make an online gift to God's work around the world today — thank you!

Contact us
Please reply to this email with your ideas and comments.

Share "ELCA Global Links"
Please forward "ELCA Global Links," in whole or in part, for use in publications, websites or blogs.

You received this email because you provided the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America with your email address.

© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101  800-638-3522

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact Us | ELCA Global Mission
Donate | Subscribe to "Global Links" | Unsubscribe