Latest news and stories from Global Mission

View in your browser. | Download a pdf version

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Donate
banner

May 2021
ELCA Missionaries:
Where Are They Now?
banner

When the COVID-19 pandemic first swept the world, the ELCA asked mission personnel to come back to the United States for a period. Since then, almost all missionaries have been able to return to their countries of service. A year later, many ELCA members have asked, “Are missionaries still serving internationally?” The answer is: Yes! The ELCA continues to send missionaries into the world to serve alongside our companions and partners in ministry, based on their needs and requests.

Read more here.

News Around the World
News Around the World
On March 17, Tanzanian president John Pombe Magufuli died. Daudi and Kellen Msseemmaa, ELCA regional representatives for East Africa, reflect on this time of national mourning for Tanzania in their recent “Stirring Chai” newsletter. Read the article here.
Mission Personnel
Mission Personnel Reflection

By Chandran Paul Martin, regional representative

In my ministry in South Asia as regional representative, I have been constantly challenged to find Christ in the suffering of communities after disasters. I have served in disasters like earthquakes, floods, cyclones and even a tsunami. One of the most common and popular questions from this angst is: “Where is God in all this?” Through all my travels and hospitality offered by communities, in the immediate response and also continuing in the restoration of livelihood (or rehabilitation), I have discerned the presence of the public Christ, even without preaching, through these ministries.

Read more here.

Get Involved
The new documentary Kuambatana (Accompaniment): The Ministry of Mark and Linda Jacobson tells the story of our longest-serving active missionaries, who have worked in the health field in Tanzania for 38 years. Watch the video, host a screening with your group or congregation, and go deeper with this discussion guide. You can also support the ministry of ELCA missionaries who work alongside our companions around the world. Make a gift today!
Learn More
banner
Subscribe
Contact
Give
Follow Us Facebook  Twitter  Instagram
Share “ELCA Global Links”
Please forward “ELCA Global Links,” in whole or in part, for use in publications, websites or blogs.
You received this email because you provided the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America with your email address.

© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101 
800-638-3522
ELCA Global Mission | Privacy | Unsubscribe | Terms of Use
Contact Us | Donate | Subscribe