View in browser

Your gift is needed to support survivors

E-Alert from Lutheran Disaster Response

“You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust” (Psalm 91:1-2).

Friends,

Early Tuesday morning, a powerful tornado ripped through Nashville and other parts of Tennessee, leaving destruction in its wake. The tornado was part of a series of severe storms. At least 24 people have been killed, homes and other buildings have been destroyed, and thousands of people are without electricity. The worship space for St. John’s Lutheran Church of Nashville, an ELCA congregation, was crushed by the tornado.

I’m writing to ask that you give today to help people whose lives have been impacted by this devastating tornado. You can help provide hope and practical support to survivors. Lutheran Disaster Response is working with those in the impacted area — including the ELCA Southeastern Synod, Inspiritus (formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee) and local congregations — to respond with immediate relief. Given the extent of the destruction, recovery is expected to take years. We plan to accompany the synod and Inspiritus to address survivors’ needs over the long haul.

Please join me in prayer and partnership, and use this bulletin insert in your congregation to help spread the word. May Christ's healing presence give peace to those who lost homes or loved ones. Pray that God will deliver strength to those working diligently to care for affected communities.

Please give now.

With gratitude for your partnership in ministry,

Daniel Rift
The Rev. Daniel Rift
Director, ELCA World Hunger and Lutheran Disaster Response Funding
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

Additional Ways to Give

Checks or money orders can be sent to:
Lutheran Disaster Response
P.O. Box 1809
Merrifield, VA 22116-8009

Write "U.S. Tornadoes" on your check memo line.

-----------------------
Give by phone at 800-638-3522 or online.

See if your company will match your gift.

You have received this email as a member, supporter or leader of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
To ensure that you continue to receive these emails, please add disaster@elca.org to your address book or safe list.
Subscribe to Lutheran Disaster Response. | Manage your communication preferences or unsubscribe.

© Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101  800-638-3522 | HomePrivacy Policy Unsubscribe